At Marriott Harrison LLP, our people are talented, ambitious and dedicated. Our clients are central to our business, and we encourage our people to develop and maintain client relationships from day one.
We also recognise that there is life beyond the office, and all partners and staff are encouraged to participate in helping the wider community through our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility. Above all, Marriott Harrison LLP is a friendly and supportive firm that is committed to helping its people deliver the excellence and high quality service that we and our clients expect.
They are a pleasure to work with.
Join our team
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with both a strong academic record and a common sense, pragmatic approach. An ability to work well in a team is particularly important given the firm’s size and structure. What motivates our people is being key to our business and making a positive contribution to our clients’ and the firm’s business. We support our people’s career potential and develop their leadership skills to the highest level. In turn, we look to our people to help our clients realise their ambitions to grow successful businesses.
For further information about careers at Marriott Harrison LLP please contact Liz Arscott.
The programme for trainees typically comprises four seats: commercial and corporate, dispute resolution/employment, IP/life sciences and property. We offer trainees high quality and varied work, increasing in complexity as they progress through their training contract. Trainees usually sit with a partner in each seat, ensuring that they receive direct guidance from experienced practitioners throughout their training contract. Our partners and associates are always on hand to offer support and guidance when needed.
As a trainee you will be supported in completing your Professional Skills Course throughout your training contract and encouraged to attend additional seminars and presentations to broaden the scope of your development.
The size of the firm makes it possible to build strong working relationships with colleagues and, as such, the firm really works together as a team. Trainees are actively encouraged to become involved in marketing and social activities and there are plenty of firm-wide internal social events, many of which are trainee-led.
The Marriott Harrison Summer Vacation Scheme runs from June to August, with each candidate spending a week with the firm. A selection of those candidates will be invited back for an interview for a training contract. The deadline for applications is 31st March each year.
To apply for a training contract all applicants must take part in our Summer Vacation Scheme.
Summer Vacation Scheme
Our Summer Vacation Scheme is an excellent way to discover whether working for a specialist corporate law firm is for you. You will be involved in real project work from all of our departments and get to see what it is like to make a genuine contribution to live transactions.
The Scheme is not only your chance to gain valuable work experience, but it is also our chance to gauge whether you may have the character and ability to be a successful trainee solicitor here. At present we recruit all our trainees from participants in our Vacation Scheme.
The Scheme typically runs from June to August, with each participant spending a week with the firm.
Please apply by sending by email your CV with a short covering letter to Liz Arscott Please submit your application in a Word format.
Read the Application checklist
- The closing date for application is 31st March, each year.
- Your application should state your reasons for applying together with any other information you feel is useful to help us to assess your application.
- Please include your availability during June, July, and August.
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted in April for a short telephone interview.
- Successful applicants will be notified by email during May.
- Following your placement, a shortlist of candidates will be selected for a final interview with two of our partners.
- Trainee recruitment is generally one year in advance. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications received and the number of participants involved in the Vacation Scheme, we are unable to provide individual feedback or references.
- Applicants should note that Scheme participation is unpaid, however we will cover all reasonable travel costs. Marriott Harrison will contribute to successful applicants’ LPC fees (although not retrospectively).
- a strong academic background (2:1 degree or above)
- a common sense approach
- an ability to work well in closely-knit teams
- ambition and self-motivation