Below are some recent examples of the firm’s international work.
The Corporate Department continues to advise on a number of international transactions. This includes:
- acting on the acquisition of certain IP assets from a Maltese company;
- advising the sellers of a UK solar energy provider which held the rights to build the largest capacity solar farm in the UK on its sale to a Canadian group;
- advising the seller of a UK solar energy development to another Canadian group; and
- the restructuring of a UK-based software developer in conjunction with an investment into its US parent company.
Our international banking team has been appointed to sit on the panel of advisers for a Spanish public bank to advise on aspects of English law.
We have assisted a US borrower in the natural resource sector in its negotiations with a UK lending institution on the terms of its credit agreement.
We have also assisted on the extension and renewal of a secured term and revolving facility from the UK branch of a US bank for a London based mobile gaming company with a US parent.
MH Dispute Resolution has been:
- advising lawyers in Germany in connection with the intended financing of the purchase of Chinese cargo ships;
- advising an internet search optimisation specialist in a claim against a Guernsey-based supplier of products via the internet;
- advising South American government entities in connection with issues relating to the purported service on them of High Court proceedings; and
- advising a Luxembourg investment house in connection with a hotel scheme.
The MH Real Estate Department has continued to act for:
- a Malaysian Bank based in Kuala Lumpur, on its ongoing secured lending transactions in the UK; and
- a Saudi Arabian bank based in Riyadh, on its secured lending transactions in the UK.
The MH Employment Department has advised:
- a South American embassy on a particular employment matter; and
- a management shareholder on his exit from a US private equity backed Google app business;
- a number of corporate clients based in Italy and America on a wide range of employment matters.
Conferences and Events
In October 2014, Duncan Innes attended the IBA conference in Tokyo, the world’s largest meeting of lawyers.