Julian’s expertise in the law and regulation of emerging life science technologies has made him a go-to lawyer in the fields of cellular, genetic and genomic technologies, as well as biomedical data and e-health.
- Acted for a US life science investor in a successful arbitration against the Kuwaiti government.
- Acted for European Society of Human Genetics and others, and advised government, successfully persuading the EU Council to block European Parliament amendments to the In Vitro Diagnostic Medial Devices Regulation that would have severely restricted genetic testing.
- Advised a European government on the UK regulation of 3D printed medical devices.
- Acts in relation to the judicial review of decisions of life science regulators.
- Advises on ATMP and stem cell regulation.
- Advises on regulation of medicinal products, medical devices and IVDs.
- Advises on the processing of biomedical data under the GDPR.
- Advises on regulation of software devices, m-heath, e-health and telemedicine.
- Advises on regulation of embryology, gene editing and synthetic biology.
- Advises on complex borderline issues (e.g. “shoebox IVF”).
- Advises on all life science IP issues.
Key player in the field.
Commercially astute with technical insight.
Articles by Julian Hitchcock
Life Sciences partner Julian Hitchcock and colleagues from the Alliance of European Life Sciences Law Firms co-wrote landmark report on the law and regulation of 3D printed medical devices in Europe
January 22nd, 2018
Life sciences partner Julian Hitchcock contributes to Nuffield Bioethics publication on statutory time limit for maintaining human embryos in culture
August 4th, 2017