The employment team has a wealth of experience acting for employers and employees across a broad range of industry sectors. We advise on all aspects of employment law and provide commercial experience and pragmatic advice which is key to any successful outcome.
We advise on day-to-day employment matters and provide HR support to employers with or without their own HR departments. This includes creating and reviewing employment contracts and policies, advising businesses dealing with disciplinary issues or grievances, advising businesses when they need to make redundancies and advising on the enforcement of post-termination restrictions in employment contracts.
We advise on employee incentive schemes including share option plans and long term incentive plans.
We advise on the employment aspects of corporate transactions including reviewing existing terms and conditions and TUPE.
We also advise businesses on disputes including defending Employment Tribunal claims and settling claims.
- Advising a computer games company on a major restructuring and redundancy programme
- Acting for a training organisation in relation to an Employment Tribunal claim by an employee for unfair dismissal and whistleblowing
- Acting for an overseas organisation in relation to an Employment Tribunal claim for unfair dismissal, age discrimination and disability discrimination
- Advising a new media company on the termination of arrangements with its founder
- Acting for a financial services company on the establishment of a long term incentive scheme